And what a Journey it was !!Our Lovely cast enjoyed every minute and are seen above with Chris, Pamela and Gillian
The End of the journey was a complete triumph, and was a sell out production. 480 people saw the show with an additional 80 people on our waiting list. The Pavilion theater was completely transformed and offered a unique opportunity for audiences to be transported back to WW1.
The Journey was a long and fun filled Journey for us all, but i think we did what we set out to do, and feel that our strengths included:·
- an outstanding achievement, evidenced by letters, face book and email comments from audiences
- the piece showed the effect of WW1 through the eyes of a local one time resident the playwright RC Sherriff.
- site specific staging was a new experience for Selsey audiences
- there was extensive local and national interest in the work
- sell out performances with a returns waiting list
- high production values
- some excellent performances by the actors
- moving and emotional content that reduced people to tears
- excellent working methodology for cast and crew, and the creative team
- combination of different age groups working together and learning from each other.